This program is designed to give students the technical skills, as well as interpersonal skills, that will prepare them for placement into electronics technician positions. Students gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience with both basic and advanced electronics including circuits, controllers, and the machine to system interface. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Analyze, configure, troubleshoot and assist in designing and measuring electrical and electronic circuits and systems;
- Read and describe the characteristics of basic circuitry and compute circuit capacity;
- Demonstrate wiring design and identify basic electrical components;
- Troubleshoot analog and digital circuits using standard and specialized test equipment;
- Program and troubleshoot PLC systems for basic system control;
- Describe how various industrial processes are coalesced using advanced PLC techniques;
- Demonstrate the use of electrical, electronic solid state, digital, and pneumatic transmitters in practical process control instrumentation; and
- Effectively communicate during problem solving and troubleshooting.
Want to learn more about our online options?
Many of the courses in this program are available as online hybrid courses (meaning they have both an online and hands-on lab component). With our online options, you can:
- Fit courses into your schedule
- Learn online from anywhere
- Attend online sections anytime, 24-7