The testing center provides FVCC students and the local and surrounding communities with a secure, distraction-free environment to take exams. The test center is located in the Learning Resource Center (LRC) Room 123A.
Test proctoring is FREE for current students. Other exams, including professional exams and exams for other colleges and universities, require testing fees.
All test takers must present a valid picture ID with a signature.
Test proctoring for computer-based or written tests is available to all FVCC students, including Eagle Online and campus-based courses. Testing for other colleges, universities and various other professional or certification tests can be accommodated if this location is deemed valid by the testing institution. Please consult your institution for paperwork and process.
Community Member in the Workforce or Professional Development
Proctoring is available for some workforce/professional certification tests. FVCC is an authorized testing center for PearsonVUE, Scantron and some specific Prometric tests (ASE and The Institutes). If you are interested in taking your certification exam at the FVCC Test Center, follow these steps:
- Register for the exam using the testing agency’s website. FVCC does NOT register candidates for PearsonVUE or Scantron professional exams.
- Choose Flathead Valley Community College as the test location. FVCC will appear as an option if authorized to deliver the test. Testing security requirements may limit the locations available for particular tests.
- On the day of the exam, bring your registration confirmation and the items necessary for admittance as listed, including a valid picture ID with a signature.
In the state of Montana, the high school diploma equivalency test given is called the HiSET (High School Equivalency Test).
Please submit all requests for proctoring (online or hybrid courses only) at the beginning of the semester. This enables scheduling of resources and spaces, as well as convenience for the students to schedule their test times as soon as they want.
Please complete a faculty request for proctoring for each test.
Schedule an On-Campus Exam
Scheduling an on-campus exam must occur at least 24 hours in advance of your test.
For booking at Lincoln County Campus (LCC) select “Libby Campus” from the drop-down menu and indicate if the test is written or if a computer will be needed in the Special Needs field.
Book Off-site Testing
If you are enrolled at FVCC and located outside of Flathead County, you may choose an off-site proctor for exams that require proctoring. You are responsible for locating a suitable proctor and submitting the candidate’s information for approval.
Complete and submit a Proctor Request form.
Adequate time is needed to process and validate proctors, so please apply within the first three weeks of the semester.
Procedures for Proctored Tests
Please view the following procedures prior to using testing facilities. By making an appointment for proctoring services, you are verifying that you have read and understand the procedures.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- Students must provide a valid photo identification card – FVCC or testing institution student ID, state issued ID or driver’s license, passport, or military ID.
- No personal items are allowed in the testing area and all personal items brought to the testing area will be stored in a secure location. These items include but are not limited to cell phones, wallets, purses, backpacks, outer wear, books/notes (unless allowed by instructor), laptops, tablets and other personal electronic devices, and outside/personal scratch paper.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the testing area.
- No persons, including children, other than the student and no pets are allowed in the testing area. Service animals are permitted.
- Academic integrity is integral to the mission of the testing center; academic misconduct will not be tolerated and instructors will be notified of any issues.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you may do so by using the link provided in your original confirmation email. If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact email@example.com or (406) 756-3888.
*Policies and Procedures for off-site proctored tests may vary.
If you have any questions or need assistance, connect with the Test Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406.756.3880.