Congratulations on taking the next step forward in your career and education by completing your High School Equivalency Test!
The High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) is provided by FVCC for students to earn a high school equivalency diploma.
Montana residents 19 years or older may register for tests at hiset.org. Montana residents age 16 to 18 must contact us below for paperwork requirements prior to registering for testing.
The Adult Education Program offers prep courses year round to help build the skills needed to be successful on all five HiSET subject tests: reading, writing, science, social studies, and math.
The class covers academic skills as well as career exploration and goal setting in order to support students moving from HiSET completion into college and the workforce. Classes are offered in Kalispell and Libby, with HiSET support options available for students in Lake or Sanders counties.
To be eligible to take the HiSET, students must be 16 years of age or older, complete paperwork requirements and have officially withdrawn from high school. Pre-registration for class is required.
How to Start
- Call 406.756.3884 for information, paperwork requirements and to register for class.
- Attend orientation and take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) the week before class starts (pre-registration required).
- Start your class session.
New student orientation takes place every six weeks. Each group covers required paperwork, class schedules and expectations, HiSET information and account setup, online homework program signup, services offered, scholarship information and TABE pre-testing.
FVCC 2023-2024 Class Schedule
- Cohort 1: Orientation July 11, Classes July 17-August 17
- Cohort 2: Orientation August 23-24, Classes August 28 – September 28
- Cohort 3: Orientation October 11-12, Classes October 16 – November 16
- Cohort 4: Orientation November 28-29, Classes December 4-21
- Cohort 5: Orientation January 9-10, Classes January 16 – February 15
- Cohort 6: Orientation February 20-21, Classes February 26 – March 28
- Cohort 7: Orientation April 9-10, Classes April 15 – May 16
- Cohort 8: Orientation May 21-22, Classes May 28 – June 13
- Graduation: Week of June 24-28
LCC 2023-2024 Class Schedule (Coming Soon!)
When you are ready to take the HiSET, you will first visit hiset.org to create an account, register and pay for testing. Your name for this account must match your Montana state or tribal issued picture ID. Check your HiSET account for testing locations. In-person testing is available at FVCC and Libby campuses.
On testing day, make sure to bring the following items to your scheduled test:
- A valid Montana state or tribal issued picture ID
- Your receipt from the Business Office for $5 per test fee(s) paid
FVCC HiSET Testing Dates
- 8:30am, 10:45am, 1pm, 3:15pm
- 10/13, 10/27, 11/10, 11/17, 12/15, 12/22
LCC HiSET Testing Dates
- 10am, 12pm, 2pm
- 10/13, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15
Computer-based tests are $10.75 each for 5 tests totaling $53.75. HiSET fees are paid through your HiSET account when testing is scheduled. An additional $5 per test fee is due to the Business Office on testing day.
Request a High School Equivalency Transcript (HiSET or GED)
Contact the Montana Office of Public Instruction’s HSE Helpline at 406.444.4151 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a digital or printed version of your documents. Find more information here.