FVCC TRIO provides comprehensive academic support to selected eligible students. Your personal and academic success is our goal.
Students are automatically screened for TRIO once they apply and are admitted to FVCC. Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, TRIO offers a wide range of services and a place for students to call home.
Your TRIO resources:
- Personalized academic advising and transfer planning
- Career and major exploration
- Visits to UM and MSU
- Financial aid application (FAFSA) and scholarship assistance
- FREE college guidance classes (COLS 102: College Success Strategies and COLS 110: College to Career)
- Dedicated TRIO student space, the First Gen Den, staffed by student mentors
- TRIO community events and activities
- Montana American Indian Scholars program and scholarships
To qualify for TRIO, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be an FVCC degree-seeking student
- Have an academic need for TRIO services
In addition, you must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Be eligible through income guidelines as defined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Be from a family in which neither parent/guardian has earned a bachelor's degree
- Be eligible to receive accommodations through FVCC Office of Disability Services
Stop by the TRIO offices in the Learning Resource Center Student Lounge (LRC) Room 102 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 756-3880 or (406) 756-4358.