Student Consumer Information

The following information is available to prospective students, enrolled students, employees, and the general public in support of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA).

Disability Support Services assures program access to FVCC by all students with disabilities. This access is a civil right and the college prohibits discrimination against qualified persons with disabilities.

View more details on the Disability Support Services page.

For more information, contact Disability Support at or 406.756.3880.

FVCC’s retention and graduation rates of first-time, certificate or degree-seeking undergraduate students as reported to IPEDS are available through the U.S. Department of Education’s College Navigator website here. For more information, contact the Director of Institutional Research at 406-756-3365.

Federal law requires that each institution provides a net price calculator so that students and prospective students have a means to estimate their net college costs after an estimate of financial aid is applied.

Visit FVCC’s net price calculator.

This calculator provides an approximation of what a  student can expect to pay to attend Flathead Valley Community College. It is not intended for use by continuing, graduate, readmitted, international, distance or part-time students, who should contact the financial aid office for more information.

FVCC’s Acceptable Use Policy addresses matters related to use of college computers by students and staff. The Policy prohibits infringing on another person’s copyright.

For more information, regarding copyright infringement, please see the web site of the U.S. Copyright Office at

For more information, contact Information Technology at 406-756-3930 or

Students and employees are encouraged to learn about Montana voter information and registration.

Policies pertaining to acceptance of transfer of credits, outdated course work, prior learning experiences, and the transfer appeal process is available in the academic catalog. For more information, contact the Registrar at 406-756-3845.

For students transferring to other institutions, FVCC has partnered with several institutions to establish articulation agreements for specific majors to ensure seamless transfers.

These articulation agreements specify which lower-division courses students should complete at FVCC before transferring. A suggested course of study for students interested in pursuing various majors is also available in the academic catalog. For more information, contact the Dean of Student Success at 406-756-3880.

The Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (DFSCA) requires every higher education institution that receives any form of federal funding to implement a drug and alcohol abuse prevention program (DAAPP).

The purpose of this program is to prevent the unlawful possession and abuse of alcohol and drugs on-campus and at institution-associated activities. FVCC cares about the well-being of its students and employees and, therefore, has adopted and implemented a program to prevent the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees both on the college’s premises and as a part of any of its activities in compliance with the DFSCA. FVCC’s DAAPP includes information about the following:

  • Standards of Conduct that Prohibit the Unlawful Possession, Use, or Distribution of Illicit Drugs and Alcohol
  • Legal Sanctions Under State, Federal, or Local Law for Unlawful Possession or Distribution of Illicit Drugs and Alcohol
  • Health Risks Associated with the Abuse of Alcohol or Use of Illicit Drugs
  • Drug and Alcohol Programs Available to Students and Employees
  • Disciplinary Sanctions for Students and Employees for Violations of Standards of Conduct

Additionally, the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (DFSCA) requires that colleges and universities examine and document the scope and effectiveness of the institution’s alcohol and other drugs programs and policies every two years. The 2022 Biennial Review reviews the two academic years of 2020-2021 and 2021-2022. It includes summaries of FVCC’s alcohol and drug policies, state and federal alcohol and drug laws and penalties, FVCC alcohol and drug abuse prevention and education programs for students and employees, alcohol and drug resources for students and employees, health effects of alcohol and other drugs, data on law enforcement and student conduct referrals and sanctions, and recommendations for the future.

Download the DAAPP here.

Students may look up textbook information from the online course schedule or at the FVCC Bookstore.

The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires educational institutions to provide current and prospective students and employees with the security policies, regulations and crime statistics of the college. The Clery Act also requires institutions to provide timely warnings of crimes that represent a threat to the safety of students or employees.

The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report includes crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, on non-campus property owned or controlled by FVCC, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also contains information regarding campus security and personal safety.

A paper copy of FVCC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available upon request by the Dean of Compliance: 406-756-3925.

What is State Authorization?

State authorization allows institutions to conduct certain educational activities outside their home state
(for FVCC, outside of Montana). Each state has unique authorization requirements, and the U.S.
Department of Education requires institutions be authorized to provide education outside their home state.
FVCC meets this standard through membership in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). Institutions participating in SARA can offer educational
opportunities in all 49 SARA member states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto
Rico without seeking individual approval in each state.

SARA State Complaint Process

Students enrolled in a course that takes place outside of Montana in a SARA member state must first
follow FVCC’s procedures for the resolution of complaints. If a student is not satisfied with the outcome
of that process, a complaint involving allegations of dishonest or fraudulent activity, including the
provision of false or misleading information, may be brought to the Montana SARA portal entity. The
SARA portal entity in the state where the student is located will be notified that the complaint was
received and may assist as needed. Resolution of the complaint by the Montana SARA portal entity is

Examples of types of student complaints that may be brought to a SARA portal entity include, but are not
limited to, complaints regarding accuracy of job placement data, tuition and fee information,
accreditation, whether a program meets professional licensing requirements, or course transfer
information. Grade appeals and student conduct appeals should be addressed through the Montana State
campus processes.

Non-SARA State Complaints

Students participating in a course that takes place in a non-SARA state may file a complaint with the
Montana Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education or may file a complaint in the state where the
student is located.

International Students

Prior to enrolling in any program at FVCC, prospective students living and/or working outside of the U.S.
should confirm with the appropriate licensing agency whether successful completion of any degree or
certificate program at FVCC will meet the licensure requirements of the country in which they intend to
seek employment.

Location of Student

For the purpose of professional licensure disclosures, a student’s location is the state listed in the
student’s home address in CAMS, FVCC’s student information system, when the student is accepted into
a program that leads to licensure or certification. For those programs without a separate application
process, the student’s location is the state listed in the home address in CAMS at the time the student
declares a major in a program listed on this webpage that leads to licensure.
It is the student’s responsibility to notify FVCC of any changes to their home and/or local address.
Students can update their address through the Student Portal by clicking “Edit Profile” or by submitting
an Address Change Form to the Admissions & Registration Office.

Professional Licensure & Certification Disclosure

The curriculum leading to licensure at FVCC has been designed to meet the educational requirements for
licensure or certification in Montana. Licensure and certification requirements vary by state and can often
change. The licensure boards in each state are responsible for establishing the requirements for licensure
for that state.

Since completion of a FVCC program may not meet the education requirements for a license or certificate
in another state, we strongly encourage students to contact the appropriate licensing agency for the state
they intend to seek licensure before beginning an academic program. The state professional licensing
boards make the ultimate decision as to whether an individual will be eligible for licensure based on the
rules and regulations in place at the time the individual submits their application for licensure. Licensing
boards may also require applicants to complete a professional examination, background check, years of
experience, etc.

Click the links below to review whether the program meets the educational requirements for licensure or
certification in each state.

FVCC Programs and Courses Leading to Licensure or Certification

Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Electrical Apprentice
Electrical Technology
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Radiologic Technology
Substance Abuse Counseling

For information about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), please view the FERPA page.

Information on student enrollment demographics is available through the FVCC profile on the U.S. Department of Education’s College Navigator website. For more information, contact the Director of Institutional Research at 406-756-3365.

Please refer to the specific contact information to obtain additional information or to receive printed documentation.