We're happy you're here. As part of the FVCC family, you now have access to a ton of resources and a team of faculty and staff eager to help you make the most of your college experience. We can't wait to see you on campus.
Welcome to FVCC!
Campus News and Updates
Campus updates will be shared here if there is an important status change on campus such as a closure or delayed start.
Be sure to check out the weekly student newsletter 'What's Happening This Week!' to learn about upcoming events, internships, employer and university visits, lectures, performances and more on campus.
To Do List
- Eagle Mail: Check your student email account to stay up to date with important notifications from FVCC and your instructors.
- Eagle Online: Make sure you can log into Eagle Online for use in all classes, especially if you plan to take an online or blended (partially online) course. Classes become available in Eagle Online on the first scheduled day of class.
- Student Portal: This is where you can make changes to your schedule, see your account, take the required Haven and Alcohol EDU web trainings and sign up to receive e2campus alerts in the event of a campus closure.
Visit the FVCC Bookstore online or on campus in Blake Hall. Pre-ordered books will be ready for you to pick up the week before classes begin.
You can choose to order new, used or rental books. If you would like to charge your books to your financial aid account, use your student ID number, which is located in your Student Portal. Other required supplies will be outlined in the course syllabus provided to you on the first day of class.
Come take a walk around and get familiar with campus facilities. Locate your classrooms, find your favorite spots to study and hang out, and plan out the best parking lot for your schedule. Parking passes are not required at FVCC.
Check out Tuition & Fees online for payment information. If you don’t plan to pay the full tuition and fees at the beginning of the semester, notify the Business Office that you will be making payments or using financial aid or a third party payer.
Financial aid is applied toward your tuition and fees first, and then toward your books if you have requested such. Any remaining financial aid funds are dispersed to you approximately 4-6 weeks into the semester.
Get help paying for college by exploring Financial Aid & Scholarships.
The academic calendar is arranged annually and changes slightly from year to year. Make sure you know the semester start and end dates, holidays and breaks. Its helpful to keep track of key dates in your phone or planner to make sure you stay ahead of deadlines.
The FVCC Bookstore has you covered. Planners are available that include everything you need to stay on top of your schedule like an academic calendar and campus map.
Its not too early to plan ahead for next semester. You’ll see notifications around campus and in your student Eagle Mail account when registration opens for the coming term. Here’s how to best prepare:
- Contact your advisor to set up an appointment to be able to register for coming classes. Bring any questions you have about your program of study and your intended career path.
- Review the course curriculum for your program to consider what courses you would like next. Consider how your current course load has been going and ways to make any necessary adjustments for your success next semester.
- Consult the Course Schedule. Talk with your advisor about strategies for working around your non-school schedule and any consequences for passing over a class.
- If you are considering a change of major, visit the Student Support Center staff to discuss how to best make this change.
Need help? We’re here for you.