Placement tests determine a student’s reading, writing and mathematics skills. Academic advisors use the placements to ensure students are successful in the courses they choose.
Who needs to take Placement Tests?
- New FVCC students who have been out of high school for more than two years
- Transfer students without previous math, and/or reading and writing courses
- Running Start students wishing to enroll in FVCC courses
- Students wanting to place into a higher level courses and/or improve upon previous placement scores
Where do I find my scores?
You will find your results on your Student Portal. On the left hand menu bar, click on Admissions Status and then select Placement.
- Scores for the Math Placement and Reading Placement are posted daily
- Scores for the Writing Placement typically take two business days to post
If you have any questions about the placements, need an advising appointment, or need testing accommodations due to disability to complete the placement tests, please contact the FVCC’s Student Support Center: (406) 756-3880.