Electronics Technician, CTS
This program is designed to give students the technical and interpersonal skills necessary for placement into electronics technician positions. Students gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience with both basic and advanced electronics including circuits, controllers, and the machine to system interface. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to
- Analyze, configure, troubleshoot, and assist in designing and measuring electrical and electronic circuits and systems;
- Read and describe the characteristics of basic circuitry and compute circuit capacity;
- Demonstrate wiring design and identify basic electrical components;
- Troubleshoot analog and digital circuits using standard and specialized test equipment;
- Program and troubleshoot PLC systems for basic system control;
- Describe how various industrial processes are coalesced using advanced PLC techniques;
- Demonstrate the use of electrical, electronic solid state, digital, and pneumatic transmitters in practical process control instrumentation; and
- Effectively communicate during problem solving and troubleshooting.
Requirements & Courses
Information & Opportunities
First Semester Total: 17
*Indicates prerequisite and/or corequisite needed. Check course description.