Take a Stroll at Bibler Home and Gardens to Support FVCC Student Scholarships
It is again the time of year to enjoy the colorful blooms and breathtaking views at the Bibler Home and Garden tours in Kalispell. Tickets are on sale now for the self-guided tours and several special events that all benefit student scholarships at Flathead Valley Community College (FVCC).
Bibler Home and Gardens is a privately-owned residence and ornamental landscape designed by Louis A. “Sam” Bibler. Sam landscaped, planted and maintained the gardens at his home from around 1980 until his death in 2002. The extensive gardens, including ponds, waterfalls, sculptures and arboretum, are maintained according to Sam’s desire to preserve the site as a place of lasting beauty to be enjoyed by the local community and visitors to the area.
“We love to share the beautiful home and gardens with our community, and the FVCC Foundation has been a wonderful partner in this effort for almost 20 years,” says Carol Bibler, Sam’s daughter and current owner of the property.
Partnering with the FVCC Foundation to raise more than $130,000 toward student scholarships over the years has been a joyful and gratifying experience for Carol. She adds, “It’s a pleasure to support students at FVCC, to see how much people delight in experiencing the gardens and views, and to hear how much they enjoy the art in the home.”
The FVCC Foundation was established in 1976 to support scholarships, programs and learning facilities at the college, and is grateful to work with the Bibler family in sharing their wonderous grounds while building support for FVCC students.
“I have seen firsthand the impact that scholarships have on our students and the joy the tours and events bring to our community. We deeply appreciate Carol Bibler, manager Tyler Hawk, and all of the staff at Bibler Home and Gardens for partnering with us and helping our students achieve their academic dreams for almost two decades,” says FVCC Foundation Chief Development Officer Tagen Vine.
Join the Foundation and Bibler family and staff to experience the Bibler Home and Gardens this 2022 season:
- May 7, 14, 15: Spring Weekends self-guided tours at 11am and 1pm each day. Explore thousands of tulips and other spring blossoms around the property. Tickets are $20 per adult and $5 per child.
- May 14: Tribal Weavings Tour special viewing of the Bibler collection of Persian tapestries and weavings, presented by Carol Bibler at 1pm. The event offers Persian rug enthusiasts a chance to see the Bibler home’s extensive tribal rug and weaving collection. Tickets are $25 per person. This tour is not recommended for children.
- July 18: Summer Garden Party at 5pm. The event features hors d’oeuvres served outdoors by the Culinary Institute of Montana at FVCC along with beer, wine and live music. Tickets are $80 per person or $150 per couple.
- July 19-22: Splendid Summer Evenings self-guided tours at 4:30pm and 6:30pm each evening. Explore the property during the Flathead Valley’s gorgeous summer season to enjoy the home and gardens with thousands of annuals and perennials in bloom. Tickets are $20 per adult and $5 per child.
- August 1, 3: Sweet Summer Days self-guided tours at 11am and 1pm each day. Tickets are $20 per adult and $5 per child.
Tickets for all events are limited and must be purchased in advance through the FVCC Foundation Office by visiting fvcc.edu/bibler, calling 406-756-3632 or emailing email@example.com. More information is available at biblergardens.org.