Take the next step in your medical training and become a paramedic.
Paramedics are front-line advanced providers of emergency medical care. They are trained to respond to a variety of medical emergencies in all types of settings and safely transport patients to care facilities.
FVCC’s Paramedicine A.A.S. program builds upon EMT licensure training and provides students with advanced emergency medical care knowledge and skills. Through a combination of classroom lecture, lab exercises and field experience, graduates of this program are prepared to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians examinations for paramedicine.
- Students can complete the Paramedicine A.A.S. program in three to four semesters depending upon whether pre-requisite coursework has been completed.
- After passing the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians written and field examinations, graduates of this program are eligible to apply to the Montana Board of Medical Examiners for paramedic licensure.
- 11% increased need over the next 6 years until 2030 per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, faster than average for all occupations.
Attributes of Successful Paramedics
- Able to maintain high academic and professional standards under rigourous demands
- Calm and focused under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Caring, understanding and non-judgmental demeanor
- Methodical, organized and detail-oriented