Graphic Design, CAS
Specific skills learned in this program include graphic design methodologies, such as the design process, output production, and presentation. The certificate prepares students to gain competence with the industry standards for graphic design. Students will learn the Adobe software: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Color, resolution, input and output, production process, photography, and drawing are core competencies. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to
- Demonstrate skills, techniques, and manipulation of tools and equipment necessary for studio graphic design that meet industry standards;
- Interpret and incorporate formal elements of design into digital images;
- Understand the impact of graphic communications on society;
- Design and develop professional websites; and
- Compile a digital and print portfolio reflecting knowledge, techniques and creativity gained during the student’s course of study.
- Students in this program are expected to have a basic level of computer proficiency.
- This program prepares students for a global market where they can find work as production artists, illustrators, graphic designers, photographers or web designers.
|Academic Advisor||Faculty Advisor|
|Jori Bullemer||Dawn Rauscher, M.Ed.|
|LRC 129||BSS 105|
|(406) 756-3905||(406) 756-3861|