The Biotechnology program offers hands-on, competency-based instruction to prepare students for entry-level positions in the biosciences industry. Students completing this program will be prepared to take the Biosciences Assistant Credentialing Exam (BACE), an industry-recognized credential. Courses in the Biotechnology CTS program can be used toward the completion an Associate of Science transfer degree, allowing students to pursue both concurrently. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to
- Perform biotechnology laboratory skills and use biotechnology laboratory equipment;
- Apply mathematics in the biotechnology laboratory;
- Exhibit appropriate workplace safety and behavior in the biotechnology laboratory; and
- Complete the Biosciences Assistant Credentialing Exam (BACE).
- Upon program completion, students will be prepared for the Biosciences Assistant Credentialing Exam (BACE).
- Biotechnology companies;
- Pharmaceutical industry;
- Research facilities;
- University settings;
- Diagnostic laboratories;
- Medical device manufacturing; and
- Agricultural industries.
|Student Support Center Advisor||Faculty Advisor|
|Russ Lamson||Wendy Westbroek|
|LRC 129||RH 132|
|(406) 756-3885||(406) 756-3878|