FVCC’s Lincoln County Campus to Offer Assistance Applying for Financial Aid Nov. 6
Flathead Valley Community College’s Lincoln County Campus will host a free workshop on Wednesday, Nov. 6 to help college-bound students and their families complete the necessary forms to apply for federal financial aid, including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). One-on-one assistance will be available from 3 to 6 p.m. at 225 Commerce Way in Libby. Appointments are not necessary.
In order to complete the FAFSA, students and their families who attend the workshop will need to provide the following information:
- Federal Student Aid identification, which can be obtained at fsaid.ed.gov (students and at least one parent will need identification if the student is under the age of 24)
- Social Security Numbers (for students and parents)
- 2018 federal income tax returns
- W-2 forms, tribal income or other aid information such as TANF, child support or other benefits
- Additional asset information including money market funds, stocks and other investments
The priority FAFSA filing date for most Montana schools is Dec. 1. Students attending out-of-state schools should contact the school directly for priority dates.
For more information about the workshop, call (406)293-2721.