FVCC to Offer “How to Pay for College” Workshop Nov. 14
Flathead Valley Community College will host a free workshop on Thursday, Nov. 14 to help college-bound students and their families complete the necessary forms to apply for federal financial aid, including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). One-on-one assistance will be available from 2 to 8 p.m. in the Broussard Family Library and Learning Commons on FVCC’s Kalispell campus. Appointments are not necessary.
In addition to providing FAFSA assistance, FVCC staff will be available to answer questions about the college application process. Brief information sessions will repeat on the hour beginning at 2 p.m.
In order to complete the FAFSA, students and their families who attend the workshop will need to provide the following information:
- Federal Student Aid identification, which can be obtained at fsaid.ed.gov (students and at least one parent will need identification if the student is under the age of 24)
- Social Security Numbers (for students and parents) or Alien Registration Numbers for non-U.S. citizens
- 2018 federal income tax returns
- W-2 forms, tribal income or other aid information such as TANF, child support or other benefits
- Additional asset information including money market funds, stocks and other investments
The priority FAFSA filing date for most Montana schools is Dec. 1. Students attending out-of-state schools should contact the school directly for priority dates.
For more information about the workshop, call (406)756-3849.