SENIOR INSTITUTE 2021
Senior Institute will happen Spring 2021!
As with most things, it will look a bit different! We will have just one class (for 0.5 credits as with past classes) and it will be delivered via Zoom.
The class, “Senior Institute Perspectives and Insights,” features FVCC faculty presenting on their areas of expertise and research.
The class will meet via Zoom Fridays, 2/19 through 3/26, from 12:00 to 1:30 pm. Expect a few surprises before and after each presentation!
Look forward to these presentations…
- 2/19 – “Historical Perspectives from Both Sides of the Iron Curtain” with Dr. Marty Mullins
- 2/26 – “Building the Buzz for Biotech – The Evolution of Biotechnology Education and Industry in the Flathead Valley” with Dr. Ruth Wrightsman
- 3/5 – “I Know How to Pay Attention: A Poet’s Perspective” with Lowell Jaeger
- 3/12 – “American Indians – Past and Very Present” with Dr. Jeff Sanders
- 3/19 – “Why Science is Indispensable and Woefully Inadequate” with Dr. David Long
- 3/26 – “Conspiracy Theories” with Dr. Ami Mezahav
Not familiar with Zoom? No problem, it is easy and we will provide instructions!
No email? No problem, we can supply you with an email account and provide instructions on how to set it up!
To register for the class, download this registration form: Registration Form
- Complete the form and return it via mail or email with payment included. Approximately one week before the class starts, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. No walk-ins this year!
- The tuition and fees for in-district students will be $25 (Flathead and Lincoln counties).For out of district students, tuition and fees are $114.60.
- If you haven’t attended FVCC for credit classes within the past two years, you will also need to complete and submit an application for admission, available here: Admissions Form
It is going to be different but definitely rewarding as we Learn, Connect, and Grow!
Check back here for more information, instructions for using Zoom, and any updates. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call (406) 756-3822.
Hope to “see” you in the spring!
If you have never attended, and want to be added to our mailing list, please complete the form below.