FVCC’s History transfer curriculum provides students with foundational knowledge in American history, Western Civilization and other subjects while preparing them to transfer with junior status to the University of Montana-Missoula or Montana State University-Bozeman.
History affords students with the knowledge and perspective to be intelligent leaders in community affairs.
History students acquire many skills along their academic journey, including writing, critical analysis and research. Those who study history are trained to think about a problem from various angles, analyze it using multiple tools and provide well-rounded solutions.
- Students who complete FVCC’s history transfer curriculum are prepared to transfer with junior status to the University of Montana-Missoula, Montana State University-Bozeman and other four-year institutions to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
- A bachelor’s degree in history is one of the most versatile undergraduate degrees, preparing students for local, state or federal government service, including domestic and foreign service.
- A bachelor’s degree in history also provides a background for employment in law, journalism and business.
Many history students go on to earn a master’s or doctoral degree.
Attributes of Successful History Majors
- Insatiable curiosity
- Analytical mind
- Enjoy researching information
- Strong sense of integrity
- Good oral and written communication skills