Programming and Game Development, AAS
This program prepares students for entry into the field of software programming and game development. It provides students with a foundation in Java, programming desktop applications, and mobile application programming. Game development includes game theory, game programming, and a course in virtual/augmented reality. It should be noted that game platforms and technologies are often used in other non-gaming applications. Both the areas of programming and game development complement each other in terms of problem solving, programming, software analysis, software development, and practical applications. These skills are in demand by the software development community and this program is designed to meet those demands. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to
- Program desktop applications;
- Program mobile applications;
- Program websites;
- Utilize database applications;
- Understand foundation game design theory;
- Execute core programming skills in game development and VR/AR; and
- Program 2D and 3D games.
- Elective Credit(s): 3-4 1
- Elective Credit(s): 3-41
- Program emphasis is on developing skills in the areas of desktop, mobile, websiteand database applications.
- Program emphasizes programming, core game developmentand VR/AR skills.
- All required courses within this degree program must be taken for a letter grade.
- A capstone project is required.
|Academic Advisor||Faculty Advisor|
|Jori Bullemer||Jim Goudy, M.S.|
|LRC 129||BSS 129|
|(406) 756-3905||(406) 756-3617|