Goldsmithing and 3D Jewelry Design, CAS
The Goldsmithing and 3D Jewelry Design CAS program prepares students for entry level positions within the jewelry industry and introduces students to careers as independent studio artists and designers. Upon completion of this program, students will have a working knowledge of
- CAD/CAM jewelry design and modeling;
- Basic jewelry fabrication;
- Various forms of casting;
- A variety of stone setting techniques;
- Basic surface finishing techniques;
- Basic design skills; and
- Basic math sills.
First Semester Total: 17
Second Semester Total: 16
CAS Total Credits: 33**
RIndicates Related Instruction requirement.
*Indicates prerequisite and/or corequisite needed. Check course description.
**Upon completion of the CAS program, students may choose to continue on to earn a degree.
All courses in this program must be taken for a letter grade. No course may be taken on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) basis.
For students considering transfer to a four-year college: some of the courses in th is program will transfer as electives only. See your advisor for details.
Opportunities after Graduation
- This program prepares students for careers as independent studio artists, designers, and studio technicians within the jewelry industry.
- This program will prepare students for high-tech CAD/CAM positions in the jewelry industry.
For more information about this program, contact the FVCC Student Support Center or the Faculty Advisor.
|Student Support Center Advisor||Faculty Advisor|
|Amber Paulson||Douglas Harling, M.F.A.|
|LRC 154||AT 110|
|(406) 756-3882||(406) 756-3634|