Goldsmithing and 3D Jewelry Design, CAS
The Goldsmithing and 3D Jewelry Design CAS program prepares students for entry level positions within the jewelry industry and introduces students to careers as independent studio artists and designers. Upon completion of this program, students will have a working knowledge of
- CAD/CAM jewelry design and modeling;
- Basic jewelry fabrication;
- Various forms of casting;
- A variety of stone setting techniques;
- Basic surface finishing techniques;
- Basic design skills; and
- Basic math skills.
First Semester Total: 17
Second Semester Total: 16
RIndicates Related Instruction requirement.
*Indicates prerequisite and/or corequisite needed. Check course description.
**Upon completion of the CAS program, students may choose to continue on to earn a Goldsmithing and 3D Jewelry Design, AAS degree.