Business: Small Business Management, AAS
This program offers development of the knowledge and skills necessary to demonstrate proficiency as a small business manager or entrepreneur. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to
- Use basic accounting and financial principles to make management and marketing decisions;
- Apply technology and specific software as related to business applications;
- Apply basic business law applications to daily business operations, organizational issues, and personnel;
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of various organizational formats available to the small business owner;
- Develop a basic business plan, marketing plan, and financial projections as commonly used in business;
- Apply the basic principles of human resource management and employment law to the overall management of an organization;
- Understand the benefits of various agencies available to assist the small business owner; and
- Explain the pros and cons of various funding options available for starting or expanding a business.
First Semester Total: 16
Second Semester Total: 16
First Semester Total: 17
Second Semester Total: 14
Total Credits: 63
- An internship is an option for this program. Students must apply for placements the prior semester. Formore information and application deadlines, contact Cathy Allard at (406) 756-3808 or email@example.com.
- All required courses within the degree program must be taken for a letter grade. No courses may be taken on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) basis.
- If you are considering transfer to a four-year college, some of the courses will transfer as electives only. See your advisor for more information.
Opportunities After Graduation
- Graduates may start their own business, manage a small business for someone else, or work in a small business in a professional role.
- Small businesses account for 99% of Montana businesses and employ 65% of Montana employees.
|Faculty Advisor||Academic Advisor|
|Scott Nolan, M.B.A.||Jori Bullemer|
|BSS 108||LRC 129|
|(406) 756-3918||(406) 756-3905|