Accounting Technology, CAS
The following curriculum develops the competencies needed for success as an entry-level bookkeeper and may serve as the basis for further courses leading toward a full-charge bookkeeper. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to
- Identify different types of business organizations;
- Analyze the internal control structure of a business organization;
- Prepare financial statements according to generally accepted accounting standards;
- Complete tasks for the accounting cycle using general ledger accounting software;
- Communicate financial information effectively within a business environment; and
- Record financial transactions in a manual and computerized general ledger.
First Semester Total: 15
Second Semester Total: 17
RIndicates Related Instruction requirement.
*Indicates prerequisite and/or corequisite needed. Check course description.