As world health officials respond to the novel coronavirus outbreak, the Montana University System is committed to keeping our students, faculty and staff safe and well-informed. As the situation evolves, we want to provide you with the most reliable and up-to-date sources of information for novel coronavirus health and travel updates:
There are no known cases of novel coronavirus infection in Montana and the risk to the American public is low. However Montana’s regular flu season is here. Please follow regular flu prevention measures to keep yourself and your campus healthy:
- Cover your cough or sneeze, ideally into your elbow and not into your hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use sanitizing gels.
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if you’re sick (seek medical attention if you feel it is becoming serious).
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
Get your flu shot. It’s not too late!