Do I need to take the math placement?


  • New FVCC students who have been out of high school for more than two years

  • Transfer students without previous college math courses

  • Running Start students wishing to enroll in FVCC courses


If you graduated from high school within the last two years, you may be eligible to register for math courses without taking the math placement test. Review the criteria for direct placement in FVCC math courses.

If you are transferring to FVCC with college credit for math, and/or you earned AP or IB credit for math, you will not be required to take the math placement.