Learning Center Academic Advisors at FVCC help students make the most of their college experience.
New students may access a variety of services through the Academic Advisors in the Learning Center (LRC 129). Call (406) 756-3880 to schedule an appointment.
Academic Advisors offer:
- Prospective student information and admission steps
- Information about certificate, associate and transfer degrees offered at FVCC
- General financial aid and scholarship information
- Placement testing advice
- New student academic advising and registration
- Academic Coaching
Faculty Advisors specific to your program of study will be assigned to you shortly after you enroll at FVCC. Their professional experience in your area of interest will be a rich source of information about your educational and career path.
- Locate the name of your Faculty Advisor when you log onto your Student Portal. Find their contact information on the Faculty & Staff Directory and their office hours posted on their office door.
- Connect with your Faculty Advisor each semester to discuss your desired coursework for the coming term. Your advisor will unblock your Student Portal for registration.** You are strongly encouraged to contact your Faculty Advisor prior to the semester or summer break, because many of them will not be on campus when fall and spring classes are not in session.
Students have a responsibility to take an active role in their academic planning and advising. For further information about how you can make the most of advising services at FVCC, read the Academic Advising: Advisor and Student Roles.