FVCC’s longstanding semester in Venice is offered each spring and operates from the premises of the Istituto Venezia in the heart of the city. Students study Italian language in immersion courses and attend Venetian history, culture, art and theatre classes taught in English. While in Venice, students live in triple occupancy, fully furnished apartments equipped with kitchens. The last two weeks of the program, students tour parts of Italy by bus and are housed in hotels.
Annually from mid-January to early April
Approximate Program Cost :
$12,000 (excludes tuition/fees for 16 credits)
Seven, $3,000 scholarships are available for eligible applicants. Apply now >
Approximate cost includes:
- An estimated $1,500 airfare budget from Kalispell, MT to Marco Polo airport in Venice, Italy. (Students are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel)
- A $2,000 meal budget (students are responsible for purchasing and preparing their own meals)
- An eight-day trip to Urbino, Assisi, Siena and Florence
- Entrance fees to museums, churches and galleries during class excursions
- A transportation pass allowing unlimited rides on all vaporetto (public water buses), many of the buses on the mainland, and a 50% discount on the Alilaguna (private boats to/from airport)
Curriculum: 16 credits
- ARTH 225 FG: Art and Architecture of Venice (3 credits) with Susan Guthrie
- ARTH 226: History and Culture of Venice (2 credits) with Susan Guthrie
- ARTH 227 FG: History of Theatre in Venice (3 credits) delivered by Istituto Venezia staff
- ITLN 101 GH: Elementary Italian 1 (4 credits) delivered by Istituto Venezia staff
- ITLN 102 GH: Elementary Italian 2 (4 credits) delivered by Istituto Venezia staff
- The program requires a minimum of 10 students and is limited to a maximum of 15 students.
- Students must be 18 or older and have a GPA (FVCC or HS) of 2.5 or higher to apply.
- Prior knowledge of Italian is not necessary to participate in this program.