January 14 through April 1, 2017
FVCC’s Semester in Venice operates from the premises of the Istituto Venezia in the heart of the Venice’s’ university district. Students study Italian language in immersion courses and attend Venetian history, culture, art and theatre classes taught in English. Prior knowledge of Italian is not necessary, but encouraged. Open to all FVCC students 18 and older with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Approximate Program Cost: $13,650*
- FVCC Tuition/Fees for 19 credits
- An estimated $1,500 airfare budget from Kalispell, MT to Marco Polo airport in Venice, Italy. (Students are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel)
- Rent in a double occupancy apartment equipped with kitchens
- A $2,000 meal budget (students are responsible for purchasing and preparing their own meals)
- An eight-day trip to Urbino, Assisi, Siena and Florence
- Entrance fees to museums, churches and galleries during class excursions
- A transportation pass allowing unlimited rides on all vaporetto (public water buses), many of the buses on the mainland, and a 50% discount on the Alilaguna (private boats to/from airport)
- Catastrophic Health Insurance coverage for each student the for duration of trip
- All visas and permissions to stay
NOTE: The program is limited to a maximum of 20 students.
*cost estimate is based on 2016 rates