FVCC’s 2018 Ocean Chemistry Program operates from the premises of the UC Berkeley Research Stations on the South Pacific Islands of Mo’orea and Tetiaroa. This course will give students a global perspective on the chemistry of natural waters.
May 25 through June 9, 2018
Approximate Program Cost:
$5,300 (excludes tuition/fees for 4 credits and meal costs on travel days)
- Room and board in the research station dorms
- All ground/ water transportation
- Pre-requisite for program participation: CHMY 121 completed with a C grade or higher.
- Spring 2018: CHMY 289 – Chemical Oceanography of Tropical Marine Waters, 1 credit, February 1 – March 22.
- Summer 2018: CHMY 290 – Undergraduate Research: Chemical Oceanography, 3 credits.
- The program requires a minimum of 10 students and is limited to a maximum of 14 students.
- Students must be 18 or older and have a GPA (FVCC or HS) of 2.5 or higher to apply.
- Due to the extensive time spent snorkeling and on the water during this trip, all program participants will be required to pass a swim test administered at the Summit pool in Kalispell.
- Program specific scholarships will be available mid-February 2018.
- Financial Aid does apply to this trip.
For more information about the Mo’orea Study Abroad Program, please contact:
Director of International Student Services, LRC 139
(406) 756-3889 or firstname.lastname@example.org