FVCC’s Ocean Chemistry Program operates from the premises of the UC Berkeley Research Stations on the South Pacific Islands of Mo’orea and Tetiaroa. This course will give students a global perspective on the chemistry of natural waters.
2 weeks in late May and early June. This study abroad program is offered every even year.
Approximate Program Cost:
$5,300 (excludes tuition/fees for 4 credits and meal costs on travel days)
Approximate cost includes:
- Airfare from Kalispell to Papeete, Tahiti (French Polynesia)
- Room and board in the research station dorms
- All ground/water transportation
- Select cultural programming
Curriculum: 4 credits
- Spring semester: CHMY 289 – Chemical Oceanography of Tropical Marine Waters, 1 credit, February – March. (delivered by FVCC faculty on FVCC campus)
- Summer semester: CHMY 290 – Undergraduate Research: Chemical Oceanography, 3 credits. (delivered by FVCC faculty in Mo’orea/ Tetiaroa)
- CHMY 121 (College Chemistry) completed with a C or higher
- The program requires a minimum of 10 students and is limited to a maximum of 14 students.
- Students must be 18 or older and have a GPA (FVCC or HS) of 2.5 or higher to apply.
- Due to the extensive time spent snorkeling and on the water during this trip, all program participants will be required to pass a swim test administered at the Summit pool in Kalispell.
- Program specific scholarships will be made available to all eligible current FVCC student applicants in early spring semester.
- Financial Aid and FVCC Honors Program scholarship apply to this program.
For more information about the Mo’orea Study Abroad Program, please contact:
Director of International Student Services, LRC 139
(406) 756-3889 or firstname.lastname@example.org