FVCC’s Tropical Flora of Costa Rica Program is a faculty led program operated in unique and diverse ecological zones ranging from the high elevations of the Costa Rican cloud forest, and the coastal Rain Forest region of the Osa Peninsula. Participants are immersed in pristine jungle settings and reside in rustic multi occupancy forest lodges and biological research station dormitories.
2 weeks in late May and early June. This study abroad program is offered every odd year.
Approximate Program Cost:
$3,670 (cost excludes tuition/fees for 3 credits and meal costs on travel days)
Approximate cost includes:
- Airfare from Kalispell to San Jose, Costa Rica
- Room and board in lodges and dorms
- All ground/ water transportation
Curriculum: 3 credits
- Spring/ Summer: BIOO 217 – Tropical Flora of Costa Rica, 3 credits. (delivered by FVCC faculty on FVCC campus and in Costa Rica).
- The program requires a minimum of 10 students and is limited to a maximum of 14 students.
- Students must be 18 or older and have a GPA (FVCC or HS) of 2.5 or higher to apply.
- Program specific scholarships will be made available to all eligible current FVCC student applicants in early spring semester.
- Financial Aid and FVCC Honors Program scholarship apply to this program.