The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX), a fully-funded fellowship opportunity, is currently accepting applications from eligible FVCC students. The application deadline is December.
Prior German language knowledge is not required, though it is preferred. Applicants should have clear career goals and some relevant work experience in their career field, which may include summer, part-time, or internship work. Participants must be between the ages of 18-24, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and be US citizens or permanent residents.
The CBYX program annually provides up to 75 US participants with:
- 2 months intensive German language training
- One semester of study at a German university or university of applied sciences
- 5-month internship with a German company in the participant’s career field
- Homestays with German host families, in shared apartments, and student dorms
- Transatlantic airfare, health insurance, and monthly living expense stipends
- Local in-country support throughout the program
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is a year-long fellowship that gives students and recent graduates the opportunity to study and work in Germany. CBYX is open to students in all fields of study and at all levels of study, including graduating students who can participate after receiving their degrees. Students in the fields of agriculture, business, STEM, and vocational fields are especially encouraged to apply!
The program is funded by the US and German governments through a grant provided by the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, under the authority of the Fulbright-Hays Act.
More information and the online application can be found at Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange. Interested students should meet with Director of Global Programs, Gerda Reeb, for coaching in best application strategies and CV practices.
(406) 756-3889 or email@example.com.