- Print a copy of the Service Learning Student Handbook online or pick up a copy in the Service Learning Office – Blake Hall Room 155.
- The Service Learning staff will help you choose an agency that is appropriate for your class and instructor.
- See our Ongoing Service Projects or stop by our office for a complete list of agencies we are currently affiliated with.
- Contact the agency that you have chosen and let them know you want to volunteer.
- Inform them of the hours you are able to work and how you wish to contribute.
- For example, if your instructor requires that you tutor, make sure the agency knows that your efforts must be used only for tutoring.
- Turn in the student/agency agreement form as soon as you begin volunteering.
- Turn in the time sheet when you complete your hours.
- Have your site supervisor complete the Student Volunteer Evaluation Form
- Return the evaluation form with your time sheet, or have your site supervisor mail it to our office.
NOTE: You will not receive credit for your Service Learning hours unless the Site Confirmation and Student Time sheets are received by the Service Learning office in a timely manner!