At Flathead Valley Community College we offer the Running Start program to high school students who are 16 years or older and are at junior or senior status.
FVCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation in the educational programs and activities which it offers.
Suggested Running Start Timeline
We suggest starting this checklist at least one month prior to FVCC registration.
Apply to FVCC
- Complete an Online Non-Degree Application for Admission OR
- Complete a Non-Degree Application For Admission (PDF)
- (Homeschool students must submit a high school transcript and proof of two MMR immunizations if taking 6 or more credits)
- Your non-degree application for admissions must be submitted prior to taking placement tests.
- Log into your student portal and select Admissions Status. Then select Placement for detailed information about testing requirements and/or to sign up for the online Writing and Reading Placement.
- If you have taken the ACT test you may not be required to take the placement test. More information about this may be found under the Placement button in your Student Portal or by calling (406) 756-3880. You are highly encouraged to prepare. Math Practice tests can be found here: www.edready.org
After completing your placement test, call FVCC’s Learning Center at 756-3880 to arrange a time to meet with a FVCC advisor for final approval of course schedule and signature on registration form.
- Complete the Running Start Registration Form
- The Running Start Registration Form must be signed by your high school counselor, parent or guardian, FVCC representative, and yourself.
- Be sure to seek advice from your high school counselor regarding course applicability and credit equivalency.
Registration for Spring 2017 begins December 6, 2016
- Courses begin January 17
Registration for Summer 2017 begins April 26, 2017
- Session A courses May 30-June 30
- Session B courses May 30-August 4
- Session C courses July 5-August 4
Registration for Fall 2017 begins May 22, 2017
Complete an Information Release form and return it to the Business Office.
For more information about the Running Start program contact Elizabeth Romain, Running Start Coordinator, at (406) 756-3923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.