In the state of Montana, the high school equivalency test given is called the HiSET. FVCC Adult Education offers a class to help you study for and pass the HiSET test. There is no course fee for the HiSET prep class. It is offered several times a year on the Kalispell and Libby campuses. Orientation and registration are required and can be done by calling (406) 756-3884.
The HiSET is offered to those who have not received a high school diploma, are not attending high school, are at least 16 years of age, and are Montana residents. Individuals under 19 years of age should call (406)756-3884 for age requirements or go to requirements by age.
Scheduling Your Test
When you are ready to take the HiSET test, register for your test at hiset.ets.org.
Click Sign In/Sign Up button. New users will create an account.
- Computer-based tests are $10.75 each for 5 tests totaling $53.75;
- Paper-based tests are $15 per test for 5 tests totaling $75;
- Fees are paid on the HiSET website when testing is scheduled.
- You will pay an additional $5 per test to the FVCC business office on or before testing day.
On Testing Day
On the day of your scheduled test bring to your test:
- Montana issued picture ID
- Receipt for $5 per scheduled test (paid at college business office in Blake Hall)
Testing takes place in the Learning Resource Center, room 123A.