In the state of Montana, the high school diploma equivalency test given is called the HiSET (High School Equivalency Test). This test gives students the same diploma as the GED. Enroll in the free class to help you study for and pass the HiSET test.
The HiSET is offered as a paper/pencil or computerized test. It is available to adults who have not received a high school diploma, are not attending high school, are at least 16 years of age, and are Montana residents.
Scheduling Your Test
When you are ready to take the HiSET test, register for your test date at hiset.ets.org.
Fees (good for up to one year)
- $10.75 per computer-based for 5 tests totaling $53.75;
- $15 per paper-based test for 5 tests totaling $75;
- You will pay an additional $5 per test to the college business office on testing day.
On Testing Day
On the day of your scheduled test bring to The Learning Resource Center:
- State or Government issued picture ID
- Receipt for $5 per scheduled test (paid at college business office)
- Prior approval of required documentation if you are under the age of 19. See requirements by age for more information. Call (406) 756-3884 before scheduling.
Testing takes place in the Learning Resource Center, room 123A for computer-based tests and room 126 for paper-based tests.
Kalispell Testing Dates:
|Paper-based Testing||Computer-based Testing|
|March 1||January 11, 25|
|April 26||February 8, 22|
|March 8, 22|
|April 12, 19|
Libby Testing Dates:
|February 13, 27|
|April 3, 17|
Who is eligible to take the HiSET (formerly GED)?
Anyone who is at least 16 years old and officially withdrawn from high school.
How much does it cost?
Testers pay $50 on the HiSET website to schedule testing plus $25 test center fee to FVCC for a total of $75.
When is testing offered? Testing is offered twice a month.
What options are available for HiSET testing? The Kalispell campus offers computer and paper-based testing. The Libby campus offers paper-based testing.
Where is HiSET testing offered?
At our Kalispell and Libby campuses.
How do I schedule the HiSET?
If you are 19 or older go to the HiSET website at: hiset.ets.org to set up your account and schedule tests. If you are between 16 and 18, contact Margaret at (406) 756-3884 or 1-800-313-3822 ext. 3884.