Tutor Program Goals
The TRIO Tutoring Program is a free service for students who qualify for the TRIO/SSS Program. Non eligible students can discuss other arrangements with the tutor coordinator. Tutoring is academic assistance for students having difficulty in a specific course.
- Promote independence in learning through personalized instruction
- Facilitate student insights into learning and learning processes
- Provide a student perspective on learning and school success
- Respect individual differences
How to Apply
To apply for tutoring, fill out the following forms:
How to Become a Tutor
Tutors pay starts at $10.00 per hour. Tutoring may be used as a Work Study job. Tutoring hours may also be used to fulfill Service Learning requirements.
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a series of weekly review sessions for students taking historically difficult courses. SI is provided for all students who want to improve their understanding of course material and improve their grades.
- SI is free and open to all students taking a course supported by SI. Attendance at sessions is voluntary. It is a chance to meet with people in your class to compare notes, to discuss important concepts, to develop strategies for studying the subject, and to test yourselves before your professor does, so that when he/she does, you’ll be ready.
- At each session you will guided through this material by your SI Leader, a competent student who has previously taken the course.
- Contact your instructor or call (406) 756-3885 to find out if SI is available for your course.