The Flathead Valley Community College TRIO Student Support Services program provides comprehensive academic support to selected first generation, low-income college students and/or students with disabilities. Our goal is to offer the support necessary to empower students to succeed and achieve their personal and academic goals.
The TRIO Student Support Services program assists eligible college students to earn a certificate or degree and/or transfer to a four year degree program. Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, TRIO Student Support Services offers an array of services designed to make your college career a success. FVCC’s TRIO Student Support Services is an intentional community of peers with an academic focus.
Student Support Services Include:
- Individualized academic success plans
- Personalized academic, career, and transfer advising
- Peer mentoring program
- Tutoring labs to build skills in math, reading and writing
- Individual and group tutoring to foster academic success
- Transition to college classes designed for TRIO students
- Financial Aid/Scholarship information
- Assistance with FAFSA application
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- Study skills workshops and academic coaching
- Fully funded Transfer Trips to Montana universities
- Transfer application assistance
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities
- TRIO Community events
- Grant Aid Scholarships
TRIO participants are more likely to find success in college, but space is limited to 350 students. Apply by filling out and submitting the online form (TRIO 2021-22 Application) or by filling out the following PDF (TRIO 2021-22 Application PDF) and emailing it to TRIO@fvcc.edu.