Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, and TI BA-II Plus graphing and financial calculators may be rented for $10.00 per semester. The rental fee is paid in the college bookstore. Students must show a receipt to Media Services staff that payment has been rendered and present a valid FVCC student ID card before a calculator will be issued. Students will be required to sign a borrowing contract agreeing to the following stipulations:
- The calculator must be returned in good condition at the end of the semester. If the calculator is stolen or damaged, a fee of $100.00 will be assessed. If the calculator is stolen or damaged, please report it to Media Services ASAP.
- Batteries are the responsibility of the borrower. All calculators leave Media Services in working condition with working batteries.
- If a problem develops with the calculator (screen goes bad) due to no fault of the user, return it to Media Services for a replacement.
- An overdue fine of $10.00/day ($100.00 maximum) will be assessed if the calculator is not returned on the last day of the semester in which it was rented/borrowed.
- Holds will be placed on student records until all fines are paid (no on-line registration, grades, or transcripts). Unpaid fines may be turned over to a collection agency.