At FVCC, we have three different tuition schedules depending on your residency. For specific residency questions, please call (406) 756-3851.
In order to be declared an in-district resident:
- Include students who have lived in the college district (Flathead or Lincoln County) for one continuous year;
- Are dependents whose parents have had permanent residence in the college district for one continuous year;
- Own, reside and pay taxes on real property located within the college district;
- Are dependents whose parents own, reside and pay taxes on real property located within the college district.
In order to be declared a resident, in-district or in-state:
- A student must be able to provide clear evidence he/she is a resident of the district and intends to remain permanently and indefinitely in Flathead or Lincoln County;
- Provide evidence he/she has taken all reasonable steps to establish residency (i.e. has registered automobile in Flathead or Lincoln county, has registered to vote, has obtained Montana driver’s license).
- Includes students, who have been permanent residents of Montana for one continuous year, real property taxpayers in Montana who live in the state or dependents of Montana residents who do not qualify as “In-district”.
- Includes students who are not Montana residents or who are not dependents of Montana residents;
- Are real property taxpayers of Montana but are not Montana residents.
How do I change my residency status?
- An individual requesting a residency status change must complete the steps below and to submit a Residency Status Change Form to the Admissions and Registration Office prior to registering for the upcoming semester.
- Late requests for residency changes can be submitted up until the 15th class day from the start of fall and spring semesters, or the 10th class day of summer semester. Any requests made after this date will be applied to the next semester. No exceptions will be made.
A student changing their residency status from in-state to in-district is required to:
- Provide clear evidence he/she has been a resident for one continuous year in Flathead or Lincoln County and intends to remain permanently and indefinitely.
A student changing their residency status from out-of-state to in-district is required to:
- Provide proof of one continuous year of residency in Flathead or Lincoln County;
- Provide proof he/she is making Flathead or Lincoln County his/her permanent residence by obtaining a Montana driver’s license, automobile registration, and voter registration; and
- Remain in part-time status (six or less credits a semester) for the first year. Residency cannot be established while taking seven or more credits a semester.