Flathead Valley Community College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Each international applicant is required to furnish the following documents in order to be considered for admission as a full-time/degree-seeking student:
- A completed Application for International Students;
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores from an accredited testing service. Acceptable standards are a minimum score of:
- 61 IBT (for the internet-based test) (500 PBT)
- 6 IELTS band score
- ELS 109
- Note: Canadian students, native speakers of English, or proficient citizens from countries in which English is an official language do NOT have to supply test results. FVCC currently does not offer English as a Second Language courses that satisfy the credit requirements for international students.
- Proof of completion of the equivalent of an American high school education with satisfactory grades;
- “Declaration of Finances” or other evidence of funds necessary to pay all living expenses and travel to and from Flathead Valley Community College (approximately $18,200 per academic year) or the signature of a United States citizen who will sign as a sponsor and benefactor;
- A physician-validated immunization record for 2 separate MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations, as well as diphtheria, tetanus and skin testing for tuberculosis. This evidence must be presented before a student is permitted to register; and
- Evidence of a student accident and sickness insurance policy for each semester in attendance at FVCC. http://www.internationalstudent.com/insurance/student-secure/
After an applicant has completed all of the above items and returned the required forms, his/her admission file will be reviewed for either acceptance or denial of admission. Upon acceptance, FVCC will issue an I-20 for non-immigrant “F-1” student status, which will allow the applicant to obtain a student visa.
All international students pay out-of-state tuition and fees.
Contact International Student Services Director, Gerda Reeb, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 756-3889 for more information.