The Welding Technology Certificate of Technical Studies is designed to provide students the minimum welding skills needed to be employable, including at least two AWS certifications. Upon successful completion of the program, students will:
- Describe and demonstrate safe use of each type of welding equipment;
- Select and demonstrate various joining processes;
- Demonstrate proper setup, adjustment, and use of typical cutting and welding equipment;
- Demonstrate proficiency in OXYFUEL, SMAW, GMAW, AND FCAW processes;
- Visually inspect and document proper applications of welding processes; and
- Demonstrate techniques and devices for minimizing part distortion during welding.