Designed to provide students with experience in welding and inspection technology as it pertains to assembly, manufacturing, energy, structural construction and nondestructive testing. In addition to the competencies covered in the Welding and Fabrication Technology program, this program provides training in nondestructive testing and inspection testing.
- Graduates of FVCC’s welding programs are prepared for a wide range of employment positions in fabrication and manufacturing, steel construction, mining, energy, petroleum, aviation and other industries.
- The mean annual wage for welders, cutters, solders and brazers working in the state of Montana is $41,230, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Attributes of a Successful Welding Professional
- Enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems
- Detail-oriented and able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Strong physical and mental endurance
- Good manual dexterity
- Aptitude for math and science
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with fellow tradespeople and clients