Designed to provide students with experience in welding and fabrication technology as it pertains to assembly, manufacturing, energy, robotics and structural construction.
This program provides training in common cutting and welding processes; CNC plasma cutting; AWS welding standards; OXYFUEL, SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and FCAW processes; structural, pipe and plate welding; blueprint reading; and communications and math competencies.
- Graduates of FVCC’s welding programs are prepared for a wide range of employment positions in fabrication and manufacturing, steel construction, mining, energy, petroleum, aviation and other industries.
- The mean annual wage for welders, cutters, solders and brazers working in the state of Montana is $41,230, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Attributes of a Successful Welding Professional
- Enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems
- Detail-oriented and able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Strong physical and mental endurance
- Good manual dexterity
- Aptitude for math and science
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with fellow tradespeople and clients