If you are looking for a firearms school, check out our hands-on program.
FVCC’s Firearms Technologies program is the only one of its kind in Montana.
Through a combination of hands-on training and classroom lectures, this firearms school program is designed to instill an understanding of the design and function of today’s firearms, as well as an understanding of metal finishing and stock finishing techniques. Emphasis is placed on the completion of several projects using hand and machine tools.
- Graduates of the Firearms Technologies Certificate program may choose to pursue entry-level positions in the firearms industry or seek additional training to start a business as a gunsmith.
- Graduates leave the program with a collection of specialty tools for the repair or customization of firearms.
- In 2016, Montana ranked 3rd in the nation for firearms and ammunition manufacturing jobs per capita, according to the National Shooting Sports Federation.
Attributes of a Successful Firearm Technologist
- Sharp attention to detail to ensure correct and effective builds
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems and identify solutions
- Respect for and understanding of necessary safety precautions