Choose a major that challenges you intellectually and gives you pleasure.
FVCC’s English transfer program provides students with foundational knowledge in writing, literature and language while preparing them to transfer with junior status to the University of Montana-Missoula and other four-year institutions.
- Graduates of FVCC’s English transfer program are eligible to transfer with junior status to the University of Montana-Missoula and other four-year institutions.
- A bachelor’s degree in English prepares students to pursue careers in journalism, education, public relations, creative writing, technical writing and other fields.
- A bachelor’s degree in English provides a solid foundation for pursuing graduate-level or professional training in law, political science, psychology, counseling and other fields.
Attributes of Successful English Students
- Enjoy reading, writing and researching information
- Capable of processing complex ideas
- Ability to think critically when considering the veracity of information or the validity of an idea
- Appreciation for history and historical communications
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Appreciation for other people’s perspectives and experiences
- Able to provide and accept constructive criticism