Take your commitment to fitness and wellness to the next level. Become a personal trainer and empower others to lead healthier lives.
Learn various techniques for assessing fitness levels and gain a thorough understanding of anatomy, muscle function and basic nutrition.
FVCC’s Personal Trainer Certificate of Applied Science program trains students to create safe and effective programs that integrate strength and flexibility training, cardiovascular training and good nutrition for a variety of clients.
- Economic forecasters predict a 31% increase in the demand for personal trainers in Northwest Montana until the year 2024.
- Northwest Montana’s abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities attracts visitors and residents who enjoy skiing, hiking, rock climbing, kayaking and other activities. Many of these people rely on local gyms and conditioning programs to maintain and improve their fitness levels so they can continue to enjoy their favorite outdoor sports.
- As Northwest Montana’s population grows older, middle-aged and senior adults will rely on physical fitness and wellness programs to prevent injuries and illnesses associated with aging.
- Employers who wish to save money on preventative health insurance measures are increasingly offering incentives to their employees to be physically active.
Attributes of Successful Personal Trainers
- Passionate about fitness and wellness
- Positive and upbeat personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills