This program will no longer be offered after the 2017-18 school year.
When it comes to serving patients, first impressions make lasting impressions.
As the first person a patient encounters in a medical office, a Patient Relations Specialist plays an important role in shaping the patient’s overall experience.
Patient Relations Specialists are front-line administrative professionals who manage the flow of information within a healthcare office, schedule appointments, assist with billing and other important functions. As some of the most versatile members of a medical office team, Patient Relations Specialists are knowledgeable about medical terminology and coding and are skilled at using a variety of computer applications to create spreadsheets, forms and other documents.
FVCC’s Patient Relations Specialist Certificate program prepares students to obtain front-line administrative positions in medical offices, clinics, hospitals and other health care establishments.
- Students can complete the Patient Relations Specialist Certificate program in
- Health care employment in Flathead County has increased 47 percent since
- 2006 and is expected to continue growing.
Attributes of a Successful Patient Relations Specialist
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Methodical, organized and detail-oriented
- Technologically savvy
- Discrete with confidential information