Designed in collaboration with local health care employers, FVCC’s Health Occupations Certificate program provides students with basic skills and knowledge that can be applied toward many entry-level positions and serves as a solid foundation for earning more advanced health-related certificates or degrees.
Students gain sought-after skills and work-based experience that can increase their competitiveness in the job market and prepare them for more advanced certificate and degree programs, including Health Care Office Management, Medical Assistant, Nursing, Paramedicine, Radiologic Technology, and more.
- The Health Occupations Certificate program can be completed in one semester.
- In additional to core classes, students have the opportunity to take a class in Phlebotomy, Emergency Medical Technician or Nursing Assistant.
- Upon completion of the program, students qualify for certification on some health-related academic career tracks.
Attributes of Successful Health Care Workers
- Compassionate and caring
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Organized and detail-oriented