The duties of the health care office manager can vary greatly depending on the type, size and structure of the medical practice. The health care office manager must be knowledgeable in all aspects of medical office operations including billing, coding, collections, appointment scheduling and medical records maintenance. A successful office manager is efficient, organized, resourceful and possesses strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to make good decisions. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Understand medical terminology;
- Possess knowledge of the human anatomy;
- Use interpersonal skills necessary to connect with coworkers and customers;
- Understand all aspects of a medical office including coding, scheduling, billing and EHR; and
- Demonstrate leadership skills.