No day is ever the same for an EMT.
EMTs are trained to provide first-aid in any emergency setting and safely transport patients to medical care facilities.
Through a combination of classroom work, labs and practical experiences, FVCC’s Emergency Medical Technician licensure training program prepares students to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians exam.
- Students can complete the EMT licensure training program in one semester.
- After passing the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians examination, graduates are eligible to work as an EMT in the state of Montana.
- According to a 10-year forecast by the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, demand for licensed EMTs will continue to increase until 2024.
Attributes of Successful Emergency Management Professionals:
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Caring, understanding and non-judgmental demeanor
- Methodical and organized even in stressful times
- Physically fit and strong