Enjoy a flexible schedule and competitive salary as a dental hygienist.
Dentists rely on licensed dental hygienists to perform a variety of critical tasks, including taking x-rays, administering anesthetics, inspecting and cleaning teeth, counseling patients on proper dental hygiene, scheduling appointments and more. Dental hygienists play a significant role in easing patients’ fears and helping them relax.
Complete an Associate of Science degree at FVCC and enhance your application to competitive dental hygiene programs. FVCC’s Pre-Dental Hygiene transfer program satisfies the prerequisites for Great Falls College – Montana State University.
- Students who complete the prerequisite courses at FVCC and earn an Associate of Science degree increase their chances of being accepted into the highly competitive Dental Hygiene programs at Great Falls College-Montana State University.
- According to a 10-year forecast by the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, demand for dental hygienists is expected to increase 19% through 2024.
- The median national annual wage for a dental hygienist is $71,520, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2016-17 Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Attributes of a Successful Dental Hygienist
- Patient and friendly personality
- Good manual dexterity
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time