Enjoy a flexible schedule and competitive salary as a dental hygienist.
Dentists rely on licensed dental hygienists to perform a variety of critical tasks, including taking x-rays, administering anesthetics, inspecting and cleaning teeth, counseling patients on proper dental hygiene, scheduling appointments and more. Dental hygienists play a significant role in easing patients’ fears and helping them relax.
Complete an Associate of Science degree at FVCC and enhance your application to competitive dental hygiene programs. FVCC’s Pre-Dental Hygiene transfer program satisfies the pre-requisites for Great Falls College – Montana State University.
- Students who complete the pre-requisite courses at FVCC and earn an Associate of Science degree increase their chances of being accepted into the highly competitive Dental Hygiene programs at Great Falls College-Montana State University.
- According to a 10-year forecast by the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, demand for dental hygienists is expected to increase 19% through 2024.
- The median national annual wage for a dental hygienist is $71,520, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2016-17 Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Attributes of a Successful Dental Hygienist
- Patient and friendly personality
- Good manual dexterity
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time