This program is designed to give the student a high level of proficiency as a small business manager or entrepreneur.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Use basic accounting and financial principles to make management and marketing decisions;
- Apply technology and specific software as related to business applications;
- Apply basic business law applications to daily business operations, organizational issues and personnel;
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of various organizational formats available to the small business owner;
- Develop a basic business plan, marketing plan and financial projections as commonly used in business;
- Apply the basic principles of human resource management and employment law to the overall management of an organization;
- Understand the benefits of agencies available to assist the small business owner such as Small Business Administration (SBA), Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), and Active Corps of Executives (ACE); and
- Explain the pros and cons of various funding options available for starting or expanding a business.