As the lifeblood of the American economy, small businesses rely on the skills and knowledge of trained managers and owners.
This program prepares students to coordinate and oversee the multiple activities of a small business, including financial, marketing and operations.
FVCC’s Small Business Management AAS program can be completed in two years and offers students the opportunity to participate in an optional internship. Classes include accounting, economics, communication, finance, marketing, human resource management, technology and more.
- Graduates may start their own business, manage a small business for someone else or work in a small business in a leadership role.
- Small businesses account for 97 percent of business in Montana and employ 67 percent of employees in the state.
Attributes of Successful Small Business Managers
- Driven and motivated
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Good interpersonal skills