From government offices to private enterprises, payroll accountants are important members of an organization’s professional accounting team.
FVCC’s Payroll Accounting program prepares graduates to record and process all salary, wage and monetary benefits earned by employees.
Students enrolled in FVCC’s Payroll Accounting program learn to process payroll transactions in accordance with current federal, state and local reporting requirements, solve accounting problems using spreadsheet software and communicate payroll information within a business environment.
- In addition to preparing students for entry-level positions in payroll accounting, this program provides an opportunity for those already employed in bookkeeping to expand their knowledge and skills base.
- The annual mean wage for payroll accountants working in the state of Montana is $40,320, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Attributes of Successful Payroll Accountants
- Strong math skills
- Enjoy learning to use new software and technology
- Honest, trustworthy and able to maintain confidential information
- Good communication skills