Entrepreneurs are the backbone of the American economy. They solve other people’s problems in new and innovative ways.
Entrepreneurship is the process of identifying an unmet need in the market place and designing, launching and running a new business that satisfies that need. FVCC’s Entrepreneurship program prepares graduates to start and run their own small business.
FVCC’s Certificate of Applied Science in Entrepreneurship can be completed in two semesters. Students receive a well-rounded introduction to the fundamentals of starting and managing a small business, including financial accounting, marketing, human resource management, business communication and more.
- All courses within this certificate can be applied to the AAS in Small Business Management.
- Graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in small business as an employee or management trainee or may choose to start their own business.
Attributes of Successful Entrepreneurs
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and open to new information
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to work long hours and perform a multitude of tasks
- Tolerance for risk
- Able to view the world from other people’s perspectives